Wednesday, May 11, 2016

REPORT 11 MAY 2016, and SOME IDEAS

These reports won't be daily, however today

* 5k run TICK, (actually 7.4k, 47 mins 18, flat terrain but some gravel), couldn't help but push it.
* Push ups till failure TICK, - only managed 11 on toes when I could once do 28
* Chin ups till failure  TICK, - only 3 with blue band, then 9 blue/red band combined after rest
* 20 ab swings,  TICK, - (did 21)
* 20 air squats, TICK, - (did 21)
* AF day,  TICK, - (2/2)
* Car clean, - TICK  As a bonus gave fridges a thorough clean.

I did bum around till I started the resistance work as I was dreading to find how much form I had lost.  But here we go.  Good to achieve what was set out to do.

TOMORROW'S TARGETS:
* Either 20 min workout on turbo trainer/bike, (doing intervals but enough to push/get out of breath) OR a 15k outdoor bike ride with cleats etc on road bike.  Follow that with a jog to end of street and back, (1.4k)
* Some basic stretching
* 20 ab swings
* 1 set chin ups with both resistance bands, (many as poss)
* 1 set push ups till failure
* Organise/clean bedroom till I'm happy with the standard of it when I walk in, (don't OVERLY stress if not everything in drawers is not overly neat though).

Yesterday I talked about briefly outlining some longer term targets I'm *considering*.
One is the Mt Cook Half Marathon on 8 Oct this year, (never been quite to that area and boyfriends birthday is the following day).  Another is Queenstown Half Marathon mid Nov.  At some point I'd still love to achieve a sub 2 hour half, (3 mins, 6 secs off a few years back).  But more importantly I want to be happy with my conduct and commitment on the lead up to anything I fully commit to.

Challenge Wanaka Half Ironman is still at the back of my mind.  I pulled out this year.  Right now I'd be in slightly worse shape than this time last year.  No need to make a decision right now, but either way over the coming 2016/2017 season I will do a triathlon at least of a sprint distance.  And working toward overseas travel or holidays to new locations is always on the horizon.

Pip :-)





No comments:

Post a Comment