Sunday, May 8, 2016

MAY 8 2016.........

LONG TIME NO BLOG.........

Welcome back.  Time to get this blog on the way again.  I am leaving up a few posts from last years as I put in a few sort of better stints as illustrated, but am here now to achieve more.

I didn't compete in Challenge Wanaka half ironman this Feb.  Infact I pulled out late December where I could get a 50% refund.

This year, particularly the last 2 months training has been very limited, like an average of a 5k run every 2-3 weeks, more in Jan/Feb and in particular less the last few weeks, (I went a whole month without one run).  I took the road bike round the 15kish block once or twice a week in Jan/Feb, and did about 3 decent mountain bike rides in March of 40k plus.  But that is basically it.  

Long work hours at mundane type work, (12 plus a day 5-6 days a week), wrong priorities, too much wine, followed by junk food at times equalling too little sleep meaning coffee is a priority in morning, over training.  Also not managing home life as well as I could.

This all shows me that I'm not living in line with my life values and it is mandatory I change some things to feel more content.  For now I have decided I'm ok with working in a mundane job, (I realise attitude can change this too) if I am meeting targets outside of work.

SO WHERE TO FROM HERE...........

*  I am to make a training program for the week ahead and record my doings on this blog, - not too much too fast but!  Then do this week by week.

*  I will change my relationship with alcohol, (most probmatic wine) for good.  I gave up all forms of alcohol for 2 solid months Jan and Feb last year.  This year I did a 6 week consecutive period where I drank no more often than 2 days a week tops.  For now I want to get back to the 2 days a week tops thing, and also be really mindful of how much/what I drink/the situation if I choose to do so.

*  I am in the process of Reading '20 Golden Rules' from Jason Shon Bennett.  He gives his view with lots of statistics and on how to structure your diet and lifestyle to give one the best shot of healthy longevity.  In a nutshell with lots of stats he recommends an organic plant based diet with fermented foods, and periods of fasting along with activity, enough sleep etc.  I haven't got to the fasting bit yet, but for now want to incorporate one vegetarian day per week where I make at least a vegetarian meal from scratch.  Things will ideally progress a bit from there as I love vegetarian food.  As for animal protein the hardest for me to give up would be fish and seafood so I could easily become a pescatarion.  

* 10 coffees tops per week and never more than 2 a day.

* At least 7 hours dark shut eye in bed per night.

Things will improve from here but we have a starting point!

Haven't confirmed it yet but am *thinking* my next big event will be the Mt Cook Half Marathon on 8 October!  I've never been to Mt Cook base so this would mean visiting new territory to take part in an exciting event.  My boyfriends birthday is the 9th October so this could be a cool memorable weekend/experience for us both!

Talk soon!

Pip




No comments:

Post a Comment