Saturday, December 12, 2015

LATEST REALITIES & SOME RANDOM FACTS ABOUT ME.....

I will be pulling out of the Challenge Wanaka Ironman in Feb next year.  Unfortunately I haven't been anywhere near consistent enough with my training, diet or any form of prep.

I have put in little good training bursts here and there, a highlight being stoked to get my best 5k outdoor run time in years in an event this October been which was part of 'The Southland Festival Of Running'.  I crossed 5k in 26.41 and completed the event which my garmin says was 5.51k in 29.29.

I put in a couple of good months of pull up training, squats, push ups, ab curls, some tricep dips on the power tower, then sort of just stopped when progress was starting to happen.  I even sort of managed to do a couple of half by unassisted chin ups after jumping up for my first one!

Just need to prioritise things better if I am to achieve what I want and live in line with my values.

I do have a good vision for 2016 and beyond, but want to get a head start and get underway with a new training block as of tomorrow.  Details to come..............

RANDOM FACTS:
* Full name is Philippa, I only put that on really formal documents and get called that by older family members/relatives and older friends of my family whom have known me since little.
* My all time favourite colour is bright turquoise blue, although I love my current cherry/lipstick red car!
* I love the heat and a tropical type of climate and am not a fan of cold weather at all, (I know, I am crazy living right at the South of the South Island of NZ where the climate is cool/temperate)!
* I don't really get into any movies at all, - I much prefer documentaries or sport or news or even reality TV if I watch anything!  The same goes with fictional books, I just can't stay interested!
* I like lively upbeat music, but have a very limited sense of artists, names or songs or who sings what!  I listen to the beat/tune/rhythm rather than the words of a song!
* Favourite food is any seafood, fish or shellfish, either raw or steamed, fresh veg, fruit and tasty cheeses.  Favourite dessert other than fruit is icecream, most namely Patagonia Argentinian Caramel but luckily I can't have to too often as the closest store is over 2 hours drive away in Queenstown!  Anything caramel is infact pretty good!
* Love travel and holidays!
* I always feel better about myself if on track with my fitness goals, I need to do better at that at the moment, I like running, cycling, swimming, resistance training, infact basically anything to do with the great outdoors.
* Love trying to take photos and document experiences by my knowledge of technology is pretty basic although I keep trying!
* I always think of all the exciting things I could and would love to study, but never can make a full out decision/commitment.

Will talk more soon. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment