Tuesday, May 10, 2016

*THINKING NEEDING TO TURN INTO ACTION*........

I am back.

It has been tough deciding whether I keep a written diary, or whether I do my *diarising* all here!

The pros of me keeping it here are:
*I am much more time efficient on a keyboard than to pen/paper.
*Less books/paper to worry about
*Someone may one day be interested to read

Cons:
*Being online I need to keep content relatively general.  A little bit personal, all good but I need to know where to draw the line.
*I need to be careful not to be too *guna guna* or repetitive with unresolved issues or whingy without solutions, (but potentially a good thing).

SO.....it's here.  Really time to live in line with my values for once and all, (at least 80%ish) and it WILL stay that way.

Today's small victory = no alcohol.  Succeeding after a few days with wine each day.  Too tired for some today, too late now, have no urge so totally safe.

Tomorrow's plan:  Make to 2 from 2 AF.  Attempt a 5k run, outdoors or treadmill, (no pressure on performance but I know once I start I will try hard).  As I'm just re-entering running zone need to make sure I warm up, then stretch a little before hand.
1 set of as many push ups I can do before failure.  1 set of 20 squats.  A set of chin ups on my power tower with my blue resistance band till I can't do any more.  Also 20 ab swings on power tower.
Also outside of my work and normal routine I will clean car inside and out, it's been shitting me for too long. :-)  For the last few weeks until this week I had been working 12ish hour days occupying all daylight hours but that is finished for the year so no excuses.

For anyone reading, I am aware of not rushing totally full trottle into a training regime when I've done next to nothing the last few months.  Have accepted that and am currently after consistency for the next couple of weeks and to find out where I'm at.

I'm not even going there with diet just yet.  I do know the quality always does improve when I train more and drink less and am more organised so am actually going with that for now.

As for body composition/weight/aesthetics etc I want to keep away from regularly ranting on too much with figures etc like I did on my old blogs.  And the same with countless before and after pics.  But for reference, height is 1.71m.  While I currently don't want to get on the scales in the morning I suspect I'm high 70's, (kilos) could tip 80 if unlucky.  One day will have a look.  Of course I want to get that down, (and improve body composition and fit other clothes along with the rest)  but it's the overall picture, (living in line with values, consistency, lifestyle, well being, relationships, financial goals etc) that I'm looking at.  Fitness and personal challenges sit high on the 'values' thing for me.

Enough for today.  Will let you know how I go tomorrow with my objectives, and outline Thursdays goals as well as maybe mention a few longer term targets I'm considering, (haven't committed to).

Pip :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment